Sunday 19 October 2014

Bright and Striped!







Found this handmade striped blouse in a charity shop the other day and looking closely at its details I couldn't pass it up! The tiny delicate stitching, covered buttons and lovely darting details on the bust and back make me think that this blouse is probably quite old, maybe 1930s. The fabric is wonderful, very light cheesecloth cotton and the sleeves are so lovely with the little cuffs.
I haven't worn a headscarf that way since I was 11 when I used to wear a headscarf everyday because I hated having frizzy, curly hair. I'm very glad to say I've grown out of those feelings now! Being young is such a strange time really, so highly pressured, I'm very glad to be past that now. X

6 comments:

  1. That blouse is just gorgeous, I love it! The headscarf looks cute; I have to wear a hat a lot because my hair gets frizzy, too!
    xx Tessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a sweetie! Aw, I'm not the only one then :) XXX

      Delete
  2. oooo splash of red in the autumn, divine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil :D Can't wait for frolicks so soon!! X

      Delete
  3. Oh what a lovely blouse, what a great find. I love your headscarf too, I haven't worn one like that for years either but I think you've inspired me to as it looks marvellous. Youth is such a funny thing, I too am so happy to have passed through it in to happier and less self-conscious times. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very excited to find it - unexpected finds are the best! Here-here I say! XXX

      Delete