Saturday 16 November 2013

Goldilocks



Simple, tasty food is the best! I've been making apple, cinnamon and sultana porridge this week since Nancy (who I work for) mentioned she had apple and cinnamon porridge one morning. I added a little cream to this morning's porridge mix for extra creaminess and topped it with chopped dried dates, soft brown sugar and walnuts. Perfect! I've made a batch of the appley goodness to have for a couple more mornings, but it takes about 10 minutes to make. I peeled and chopped 2 cooking apples, put them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water, let them cook away until they turned mushy then added  2 heaped teaspoons of soft brown sugar and half a teaspoon of cinnamon with a sprinkling of sultanas, let that cook for a little bit then add it to the cooked porridge and voilà, tasty and moderately healthy breakfast! Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, what do you like to make in the mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment